Hoffman's RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for my RPG Campaign(s)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hide and Seek (Completed)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric
Admin

Hide and Seek (Completed) Empty
PostSubject: Hide and Seek (Completed)   Hide and Seek (Completed) EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 2:57 pm

The Kurita raid has been mostly repulsed from Laurent. As it turns out, this must have only been a training raid for the graduating class of the Sun Zhang Mechwarrior Academy. This is something the DCMS (Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery) is known to do with their Cadet Mechwarriors. The loss of life is high, but the crucible of combat tempers the warrior’s resolve, or so the propaganda says.

It’s basically a mopping up exercise now. Unfortunately for you, there are several Kurita Mechwarriors who refuse to surrender, and have driven away all attacks by the armor and infantry of Wilson’s Fusiliers. They have taken a defensive position in an old, abandoned ‘Mech factory.

The order comes directly from Colonel Wilson himself, “I’ve lost three tanks and an infantry squad to those Snake Bastards! Don’t those people know when they’re beaten?! Go in there and execute every last mother-fuckin’ one of ‘em!”

Note: This map will be played with the ‘double-blind’ rules in MegaMek, as the heavy Ferro-crete construction of the abandoned Mech-factory plays havoc with the IFF signals of your ‘Mechs. In game terms this means that you will have to have an actual LOS to an enemy ‘Mech to see it on the game board. Tread Carefully!

Last edited by Eric on Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://hoffmansbattletech.forumotion.com
kurt

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Seek (Completed)   Hide and Seek (Completed) EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 8:29 am

I have a question about double blind. If one unit on the team can see an enemy Mech can everyone on the team see it?
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Seek (Completed)   Hide and Seek (Completed) EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 4:33 pm

Yes, the settings I am using for this mission will allow team members to share LOS.
Back to top Go down
kurt

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Seek (Completed)   Hide and Seek (Completed) EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 8:20 pm

I will check with headquarters to see if there is any intelligence on what unit we are going after and if it is know what mechs we can expect to face.
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Seek (Completed)   Hide and Seek (Completed) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 9:25 am

Reports from the units that have been on the scene are confusing. There are at least 2 'Mechs hiding in the factory and probably 3 or more.

One of the surviving Armor crew-members swears that one of the enemy 'Mechs is the distincitvely shaped Hunchback.
Back to top Go down
CC

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Seek (Completed)   Hide and Seek (Completed) EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 2:26 pm

Double blind... does that mean we dont even know the map layout? If so...

I, Scooby afro, look into weather or not I can get a layout of the plant using both official and not so offical routes. I swear I heard rumors of a crack dealer using an abandoned mech factory as a headquarters from someplace...
Back to top Go down
CC

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Seek (Completed)   Hide and Seek (Completed) EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 2:27 pm

If i had to roll dice...
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Seek (Completed)   Hide and Seek (Completed) EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 2:27 pm

The member 'CC' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd6' :
Hide and Seek (Completed) Roll2
Result :
Hide and Seek (Completed) 4 Hide and Seek (Completed) 6
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Seek (Completed)   Hide and Seek (Completed) EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 3:42 pm

You will be able to see the map, all that is blind is enemy 'Mechs, if they are not currently in the LOS of one of your lancemates.

Using Streetwise, "Scooby" afro is able to find out the following:

The factory was shut down after the First Succession War. It was used alternately as a warehouse, water-purification plant and garage over the past several hundred years. It was abandoned after the Kurita invasion of Laurent in 3016. During the invasion the 8th Donegal Guards engaged the 1st Sword of Light in and around the factory and the buildings sustained some major damage.

Tactical Tips:

1. Some wall sections have been breaced by artillery fire. The holes may be big enough for jump-capable mechs to penetrate the factory without using the conventional entrances.

2. There are elevated bridges that used to support Mag-Lev hauling bins going in and out of the buildings, providing yet another way of ingress aside from the front door.
Back to top Go down
pfritsch

PostSubject: artillery?   Hide and Seek (Completed) EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 11:58 am

How about some artillery support cap'n?
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Seek (Completed)   Hide and Seek (Completed) EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 12:04 pm

Negative on Artillery support. All of the big guns are out of frequency grease, and in desperate need of grid squares.

(Translation is that I don't know how to implement Artillery in MegaMek yet. That's on my to-do list, although you guys might not like it when I do figure it out!)
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Seek (Completed)   Hide and Seek (Completed) EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 2:50 pm

GM AAR: Well, what can I say... The fight went very well for Magruder's Scrappers in the beginning, crippling the Hunchback and destroying the Whitworth, but that Thunderbolt was a tough son-of-a-bitch. Eventually he went down but not after almost sending 2 of you to an early retirement in the form of a dirt nap. Then of course there was drunken in-fighting amongst the players, which always makes for an interesting night.

We did improve our speed though, enough so that we were able to start, and finish another scenario. Good Job!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Seek (Completed)   Hide and Seek (Completed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hide and Seek (Completed)
Page 1 of 1