Hoffman's RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for my RPG Campaign(s)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Available Contracts - December, 3023

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric
Admin

Available Contracts - December, 3023 Empty
PostSubject: Available Contracts - December, 3023   Available Contracts - December, 3023 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:01 pm

Forward the Eagle!

Date: December, 3023
Employer: House Marik
Contract Type: Offensive Campaign
Contract Location: Planet of Jasmine, Capellan Confederation
Command Rights: House
Overhead: 100%
Salvage: 50%
Repair: 100%
Contract Length: 3 months
Base Pay: 2

Two Months ago, the 5th Marik Milita conducted a planetary assault on the Cappellan world of Jasmine. The Marik forces easily defeated the planetary militia, but the mopping up operations lasted long enough for Liao to land the House Imara warrior regiment on planet. Since the arrival of the fanatic Warrior House, the fighting has grown into a stalemate, with each of the combatants holding approximately 50% of the planet. Neither Marik, nor Liao are willing to throw any more House units into a conflict over the relatively unimportant world of Jasmine. They are, however, willing to hire small Mercenary units to do their dirty work, and hopefully break the stalemate.

House Marik is offering a relatively standard contract to reinforce the 5th Marik Militia.

In Defense of the Confederation

Employer: House Liao
Contract Type: Defensive Campaign
Contract Location: Planet of Jasmine, Capellan Confederation
Command Rights: House
Overhead: 33%
Salvage: 25%
Contract Length: 3 months
Base Pay: 3*

Two Months ago, the 5th Marik Milita conducted a planetary assault on the Cappellan world of Jasmine. The Marik forces easily defeated the planetary militia, but the mopping up operations lasted long enough for Liao to land the House Imara warrior regiment on planet. Since the arrival of the fanatic Warrior House, the fighting has grown into a stalemate, with each of the combatants holding approximately 50% of the planet. Neither Marik, nor Liao are willing to throw any more House units into a conflict over the relatively unimportant world of Jasmine. They are, however, willing to hire small Mercenary units to do their dirty work, and hopefully break the stalemate.

House Liao is offering a contract to reinforce the House Imara Warrior House and remnants of the Jasmine planetary Militia. In addition to the stated pay and salvage rights, House Imara is also offering any Mercenary units that takes employment with the Capellan Confederation, one fully functional Vindicator VND-1R Battlemech per full month of service.

They’re everywhere I tells ya!

Employer: Governor Stanton de Beer
Contract Type: Counterinsurgency
Contract Location: Nova Roma, Free Worlds League
Command Rights: Liason
Overhead: 100%
Salvage: 100% of Standard Tech / 0% of Lostech
Contract Length: 6 months
Base Pay: 2

The Military Governor of Nova Roma is hiring company sized or smaller Mercenary Units to garrison the planet and help him seek out and destroy pockets of rebels. The planet was the center of the civil war between Anton and Janos Marik in 3014. Most of the economic might of the world was destroyed in the climactic battles that ended the usurpers claim to the Free Worlds League. De Beer rules the planet with an iron fist, less concerned with rebuilding the infrastructure than hunting down any potential threat to his office.
Back to top Go down
https://hoffmansbattletech.forumotion.com
CC

PostSubject: Mo Info Please   Available Contracts - December, 3023 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 5:09 pm

Ghent: "I really like the In Defense of the Confederation contract. It combines the best pay with garunteed Mechs."
afro
  1. I hate fanatics. You can't trust anyone who has their mind set on only one thing. I saw this type mindset in Snake land and I will be damned if I will put us under their command. Fuck those looneys!
  2. 33% overhead, I think it costs 1 or 2 a month to keep us in the black. That means we are paying to put ourselves at risk. Yeah the payoff is high and a mech a month is nice but since the deal is with loons I bet at the end of the contract we find ourselves facing an assault battalion alone just so they don’t have to settle the check.
  3. Contract 3 is out. My hit man days are over, and it sounds like this gig would just be repreating bad history.
  4. As for Contract 1 & 2 I would like to find out what the real situation on Jasmine is - not the opposing press releases by the militaries involved in the conflict. (Streetwise, Bureaucracy)
  5. I would also like to know if either side has done anything reprehensible to mercs in the past. (Streetwise, Bureaucracy)
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin

PostSubject: Mo Info Please   Available Contracts - December, 3023 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 5:09 pm

The member 'CC' has done the following action : Dice roll

#1 'd6' :
Available Contracts - December, 3023 Roll2
#1 Result :
Available Contracts - December, 3023 1 Available Contracts - December, 3023 4

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' :
Available Contracts - December, 3023 Roll2
#2 Result :
Available Contracts - December, 3023 3 Available Contracts - December, 3023 6
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Available Contracts - December, 3023   Available Contracts - December, 3023 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 9:08 pm

1. The situation on Jasmine is as you have been informed as far as you can tell.

2. There are no incidents that you can find in this particular planetary struggle of either side bad dealing Mercs. For a generalized picture of the relationship between Mercenaries and the Successor Houses, see this post:

**LINK** The Successor Houses and Mercenaries **LINK**
Back to top Go down
CC

PostSubject: Re: Available Contracts - December, 3023   Available Contracts - December, 3023 EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 1:52 pm

afro We will fight for the Confederation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Available Contracts - December, 3023   Available Contracts - December, 3023 Empty

Back to top Go down

Available Contracts - December, 3023
Page 1 of 1