Hoffman's RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for my RPG Campaign(s)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

COMPLETED: Hallorhan Mining, LLC (September 3023 - October 3023)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric
Admin

COMPLETED:  Hallorhan Mining, LLC  (September 3023 - October 3023) Empty
PostSubject: COMPLETED: Hallorhan Mining, LLC (September 3023 - October 3023)   COMPLETED:  Hallorhan Mining, LLC  (September 3023 - October 3023) EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 10:26 am

Hallorhan Mining, LLC

Date: September, 3023
Employer: Hallorhan Mining, LLC
Contract Type: Security
Contract Location: Uhuru, Stewart Commonality, Free World League
Command Rights: Liason
Overhead: 50%
Salvage: 100%
Repair: 0%
Contract Length: 2 months*
Base Pay: 3

Hallorhan Mining is looking for a security force to protect their deep sea mining derricks on the planet of Uhuru.

Uhuru is a resource rich planet that is 90% covered by water. The shifting tectonic plates of Uhuru contain vast mineral, oil and natural gas deposits.

The planetary Militia is corrupt and has been extorting the local businesses for protection money for several years. The Free Worlds League has no interest in stepping in, as long as the planet continues producing a steady stream of raw materials and resources.

The unit that accepts this mission will sign on for a two month period, unless the local Corporate Liason determines that the planetary Militia is no longer a fiscal threat.

Last edited by Eric on Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://hoffmansbattletech.forumotion.com
Eric
Admin

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED: Hallorhan Mining, LLC (September 3023 - October 3023)   COMPLETED:  Hallorhan Mining, LLC  (September 3023 - October 3023) EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 10:08 am

The travel and landing on Uhuru is relatively uneventfull. The planet is over 90% water, including the rather sizeable polar ice caps. The little dry land that exists is crammed full with the offices, warehouses and living facilities of the several industrial concerns that operate on Uhuru.

Your dropship is met at the spaceport by a contingent of Hallorhan Mining security personel, as well as Vice President Caleb Smith. Smith is rather friendly man, for a VP of a mining concern anyway, who seems genuinely pleased to be working with you mercenary scum. After a few pleasantries, Smith lays out the plan for you:

"Our payment is due to the planetary militia in 2 days. Needless to say, we ain't paying this quarter. We expect them to retaliate pretty quickly, probably against our deep sea derrick, although we also need you to protect the corporate offices and warehouse on land. We figure that if we bloody their nose a bit, maybe they'll move on to an easier target. Anyway, let me know which of your assets is going where and I'll arrange the transportation."
Back to top Go down
CC

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED: Hallorhan Mining, LLC (September 3023 - October 3023)   COMPLETED:  Hallorhan Mining, LLC  (September 3023 - October 3023) EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 2:09 pm

Alpha Lance will be stationed at the derrick. Bravo lance - filled out by Vincent in the Shadow Hawk - will take position around the headquarters complex.
Back to top Go down
kurt

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED: Hallorhan Mining, LLC (September 3023 - October 3023)   COMPLETED:  Hallorhan Mining, LLC  (September 3023 - October 3023) EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:44 pm

What has been happening since we defended the derrick?
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED: Hallorhan Mining, LLC (September 3023 - October 3023)   COMPLETED:  Hallorhan Mining, LLC  (September 3023 - October 3023) EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 1:39 pm

After soundly whipping the combined Naval, Armor and VTOL force of the planetary militia, VP Smith is confident that their spirit has been broken. His estimation of the situation is proven wrong when both the deep sea derrick and the company warehouses are sniped at long distance by some militia helicopters.

Over the next several days, the militia forces can be seen just out of your longest weapon ranges, occassionally swooping in to take pot-shots at friendly vehicles and buildings. This continues until 3 days before your contract is set to expire. You expect the militia to wreak a terrible vengence on Hallorhan Mining once you leave planet, and so does Caleb Smith. In fact he comes to you with a proposition:

"Thanks for all your help so far, but it doesn't look like my idea worked. These militia bastards are more determined and greedy than I originally suspected. Look, I know your contract is for defense only, and I can't authorize payment for anything else, but, I'm really in a bind here. My career is over if I don't find a way out of this mess, and I'm not sure just paying these pirates off once you leave is going to satisfy them. I have been making some inquiries and calling in old family debts though, and I can offer you this deal. If you assault the militia HQ and cripple them, I can acquire some old moth-balled tanks and a heavy Battlemech from a friend of a friend. Whadya say?"

GM Note: The Tanks are (2) Bulldog Medium Tanks (60 Tons), and (2) Manticore Heavy Tanks (60 Tons). The Mech is a Catapult - CPLT-C1
Back to top Go down
CC

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED: Hallorhan Mining, LLC (September 3023 - October 3023)   COMPLETED:  Hallorhan Mining, LLC  (September 3023 - October 3023) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 5:54 pm

Okay fellas, me and the newly appointed XO Ghent (I'll figure out the real ranking scheme when we get back to Solaris but for now just realize he out ranks everyone’s ass but mine.) have been going over our most recent opportunity for quite a while now. It’s another one of those high risk low pay affairs we left Winfield over. While Bravo lance splits up between the derrick and HQ, Alpha lance will be sneaking up on the militia base under water. I am afraid it is a one way trip since any holes in your armor will make it almost impossible to retreat and the island doesn’t look like we can fit our dropship on it without wiping out the militia completely.

We are going up against those fucking boats and helicopters and probably a bunch of infantry too. We might get lucky and surprise them. If we win we get a big fat heavy mech and a good lance of tanks. Given the nastiness of this little endeavor I think it is only fair that you each sign off on it. So those of you in Alpha lance, if you think it is worth it say so and we are in. Otherwise fuck the oil barons and were off to the game world again…

HNIC afro Out.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!!!
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED: Hallorhan Mining, LLC (September 3023 - October 3023)   COMPLETED:  Hallorhan Mining, LLC  (September 3023 - October 3023) EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 1:28 pm

GM AAR: The interests of Hallorhan Minning, LLC have been successfully protected on the planet Uhuru. VP Caleb Smith is personally very grateful to Scooby's Scrappers and arranges the delivery of the promised units to the Scrappers HQ on Solaris. In addition, the following units are recovered as salvage: 1 Condor Heavy Hovertank, 1 Urbanmech UM-60.

Chuck, we'll need to see some rolls for the repairs on the lostech 'Mechs. Rules are posted in the Campaign Rules forum. Also update the unit TO&E with the salvaged units as well as the 2 Bulldog Medium Tanks, 2 Manticore Heavy Tanks and the Catapult CPLT-C1.

The jump back to Solaris is uneventful, as voyages through uninhabited space tend to be. New contracts are available in the hiring hall.
Back to top Go down
CC

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED: Hallorhan Mining, LLC (September 3023 - October 3023)   COMPLETED:  Hallorhan Mining, LLC  (September 3023 - October 3023) EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 10:21 pm

We got a helicopter from the first mission... I did not see it on the salvage lists anywhere in the posts.
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED: Hallorhan Mining, LLC (September 3023 - October 3023)   COMPLETED:  Hallorhan Mining, LLC  (September 3023 - October 3023) EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 10:46 am

Right, forgot about that. It is a Warrior Attack helicopter. The version with the AC/5 and MG.
Back to top Go down
kurt

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED: Hallorhan Mining, LLC (September 3023 - October 3023)   COMPLETED:  Hallorhan Mining, LLC  (September 3023 - October 3023) EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 12:38 pm

I think we salvaged two of the heavy hover tanks from the first mission too.
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED: Hallorhan Mining, LLC (September 3023 - October 3023)   COMPLETED:  Hallorhan Mining, LLC  (September 3023 - October 3023) EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 1:30 pm

I don't have the unit report so I can't verify how they were destroyed. Just because they don't leave craters like Mechs, doesn't mean they weren't destroyed beyond repair. So, I'm gonna have to rule no, unless someone has the log report from that battle.
Back to top Go down
CC

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED: Hallorhan Mining, LLC (September 3023 - October 3023)   COMPLETED:  Hallorhan Mining, LLC  (September 3023 - October 3023) EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 11:13 pm

i do have the file and yes they were toast. the helicopter and some infantry were the only surviors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED: Hallorhan Mining, LLC (September 3023 - October 3023)   COMPLETED:  Hallorhan Mining, LLC  (September 3023 - October 3023) Empty

Back to top Go down

COMPLETED: Hallorhan Mining, LLC (September 3023 - October 3023)
Page 1 of 1