Hoffman's RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for my RPG Campaign(s)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hunting for Pirate Booty! (not the kind that Kurt likes) (Active)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric
Admin

Hunting for Pirate Booty! (not the kind that Kurt likes) (Active) Empty
PostSubject: Hunting for Pirate Booty! (not the kind that Kurt likes) (Active)   Hunting for Pirate Booty! (not the kind that Kurt likes) (Active) EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 10:44 pm

The two Mechwarriors that your Lance captured spill the beans as to the home world of the Pirates with only the threat of mild torture. Wilson orders them tortured anyway just to make sure, and their stories stay the same. The Pirates are based on a barely charted planet named Morgan's Choice. The planet is named after the Pirates' leader, one Daniel Morgan. Apparently he is the pilot of the Crusader that escaped you on Bensinger.

According to the captured Pirates, Morgan was once the Executive Officer of a small Mercenary Unit under contract to House Kurita. When the unit became so in debt to the Draconis Combine that they were in danger of being absorbed into a House Unit, Morgan led about a Company of Mechwarriors into exile.

From all accounts Morgan isn't such a bad fellow, as far as Bandit Kings go. Never-the-less, the standing orders are to eradicate all Pirate bases within 5 jumps of Bensinger, and Morgan's Choice is only 2 jumps away.

Colonel Wilson has elected to send only Bravo company (albeit with 2 Union Dropships and the Jumpship) to destroy the Pirate base. The fact that there is very little atmosphere on Morgan's Choice, and thus, an extremely dangerous condition in which to fight, is not lost on the Mechwarriors of your company. But, as Captain Johan "Big John" Faulkner is fond of saying "Quit yer belly-achin' and saddle up. What? Ya wanna live forever?"

GM Note: I am planning this to be one of our "big battles". We can play it over several sessions or one long session as I have mentioned previously. All that will depend on how my connection is at the beach. If it is good, and I can get my old laptop to run the game, we will start the battle next Thursday evening. Expect to play several NPCs, in addition to your PC. I will be thinking about logistical details this week so stayed tuned to the forums.

The battle will be fought using the low-gravity rules. You can move further, but ejection is not an option. The objective will be to destroy the main colony building, or 5 of the 7 outer structures. Good Luck, you'll need it.

Last edited by Eric on Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://hoffmansbattletech.forumotion.com
CC

PostSubject: Intel   Hunting for Pirate Booty! (not the kind that Kurt likes) (Active) EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 5:49 pm

Can the LCAF provide us with anything on the hole we are to assault?

Scooby afro again goes to the dark side and tries to put together some additional info on these pirates and their base.
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin

PostSubject: Intel   Hunting for Pirate Booty! (not the kind that Kurt likes) (Active) EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 5:49 pm

The member 'CC' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd6' :
Hunting for Pirate Booty! (not the kind that Kurt likes) (Active) Roll2
Result :
Hunting for Pirate Booty! (not the kind that Kurt likes) (Active) 2 Hunting for Pirate Booty! (not the kind that Kurt likes) (Active) 2
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Pirate Booty! (not the kind that Kurt likes) (Active)   Hunting for Pirate Booty! (not the kind that Kurt likes) (Active) EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 7:13 pm

Wilson's Fusiliers are out here on their own. There is no LCAF presence on planet. The closest garrison is on Winfield, 2 jumps away.

You don't learn much else about the Morgan's Choice Pirates, aside from what the captives have already said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Pirate Booty! (not the kind that Kurt likes) (Active)   Hunting for Pirate Booty! (not the kind that Kurt likes) (Active) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunting for Pirate Booty! (not the kind that Kurt likes) (Active)
Page 1 of 1