Hoffman's RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for my RPG Campaign(s)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Money, Sex, and 'Mechs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CC

Money, Sex, and 'Mechs Empty
PostSubject: Money, Sex, and 'Mechs   Money, Sex, and 'Mechs EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 12:07 am

afro "So folks, wez all a bit richer than when we started this thing. I still intend to make good on the promise that if you do good in the arenas you will get another share, just like you did with the brain bug mission. But in the meantime we have a shit load of money to spend on improvements to the unit and I would like to hear what you guys would like it spent on. I have already bought a new scout unit - everyone welcome Stringfellow Hawke to the Scrappers, he's a buddy of TC's from the LCAF. I also picked up two tank crews for the tanks we picked up on the oil barrons. Danny Morgan has decided to join us as well and will fill out the second lance in the Warhammer from his former crew. So what are your thoughts on what we buy next?"

"I would also like to announce that I will be taking a leave of absence in a couple weeks to... uh... improve the units relations with... uh... Aw fuckit! I'm gonna go get laid on the pleasure planet the rich folk go too... Scooby out!"
Back to top Go down
kurt

PostSubject: Re: Money, Sex, and 'Mechs   Money, Sex, and 'Mechs EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 9:56 am

Colonel,

I think our next step should be to recruit a recon lance of fast light Mech's. We currently have a heavy fire support lance, and our Command lance is a great Medium support lance, but a good light recon lance could be a great addition. Also, I think enough VTOL's to move all of our infantry might be useful. And, if we are going to try for another lance, we will need to get another drop ship. Maybe we can look for another small Mercenary company to join up with us, one that has a Drop Ship but no Jump Ship. Maybe Morgan knows of some other disenfranchised Mech Warriors out on the periphery we could bring in.

Captain Ghent
Back to top Go down
CC

PostSubject: Re: Money, Sex, and 'Mechs   Money, Sex, and 'Mechs EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 12:30 pm

In game:
afro I agree on the dropship and the recon lance. I think the dropship should come first since if we get the lance now we cannot carry everything off planet without it. As for the VTOLs I like the idea of mobile infantry assets as well but I don’t think we should pay a premium on them. I think we need to see what contracts are out this month and if they are short runs, we can go through the normal channels if we got some long runs then we can try to expedite things. I think I am done with the idea of absorbing another unit after that silly shared command debacle with the Karrdes.

Out of game:
Burning a bunch of points for extra rolls seems dumb. I think we should use the free ones and expand slowly – especially since we don’t even get the other portions of the unit on the field. The VTOL and infantry made an impact in the last contract but more mechs to sit in a bunker just seems silly at this point. If Eric has plans to have bigger fights or we do something like each take control of one of the mechs in the other/new lance I think this makes sense but until then it seems like a waste. As for merging with anotehr unit - this sounds like something for nothing - as eric put it last night and I think it is not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Money, Sex, and 'Mechs   Money, Sex, and 'Mechs EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 2:30 pm

I'm open to whatever you guys want to do. I'm all for having bigger fights if that's what you guys want to do. Some may span 2 or more sessions but that's ok with me. The only drawback is that there is really no RP or decisions to be made in between those sessions as technically only 6 seconds have passed in game in between rounds.

We could also move in the direction of you guys coming up with a deployment strategy and then you have to take whatever comes your way. For example, you have to defend 2 sites and raid another. Obviously whatever unit is doing the raiding will have a fight, but the enemy may attack the place that you have NPCs defending and then you either have to play NPCs for a session, or those of you who have other times during the week have to hop on to resolve the battle. I like the latter as I have more time to play than I am using right now.

Another option is that you all create secondary characters for the Recon lance. It would slow character progression slightly but would give you a back-up character already in the unit in case your main character bites it.

Any of these options are good with me, you guys decide what style of campaign you want.
Back to top Go down
https://hoffmansbattletech.forumotion.com
kurt

PostSubject: Re: Money, Sex, and 'Mechs   Money, Sex, and 'Mechs EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 2:56 pm

I like the idea of making secondary characters for a Recon Lance. I would also be willing to play a battle between sessions.
Back to top Go down

Money, Sex, and 'Mechs
Page 1 of 1