Hoffman's RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for my RPG Campaign(s)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Advancement

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CC

Advancement Empty
PostSubject: Advancement   Advancement EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 4:02 pm

1. We all have an XP from previous missions right?

2. If you buy an Out of Mech Skill do you get 1, 2, or 3 skills for an XP?

My thoughts are you should get 2 skills per XP.

1 XP per skill seems expensive compared to the other improvment costs. If your goal is to promote RP more in the game then I think skills should be cheaper then on-board benefits. Besides on-board benies are ALWAYS used. To get something out of a skill you usually have to be inventive.

3 skills per XP seems too cheap - thats what you got during creation but I think that makes sense to make em even more attractive at the start.

2 per XP makes it as good a pick as the other options for advancements but not as good a deal as you got if you used an advantage in the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin

Advancement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advancement   Advancement EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 4:49 pm

I see where you are going and I like it in theory. In theory, I like it. Let me noodle it over. I am also thinking of splitting the difference and saying you get +3 to add to your out of Mech skills for that 1 XP. You could take 3 skills at +1 or 1 skill at +2 and another skill at +1. Then I would set limits on what your maximum bonuses could be, for example:

1 skill at +3
4 skills at +2
2 skills at +1

That way no one player could be master of everything and create some diversity amongst the unit.

Of course that starts to get complicated.

Also notice that I have added another skill (Perception). If anyone would like to drop one of their pre-selected skills in favor of Perception, you can do it now, and only now.

In addition I have added a new Advantage (Lostech Mech) that allows a player to start with a Star League Era mech at character creation.
Back to top Go down
https://hoffmansbattletech.forumotion.com

Advancement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoffman's RPG Forum :: Archives :: Battletech Archives-
Jump to: