Hoffman's RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for my RPG Campaign(s)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Post Session #4 Decisions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete

Post Session #4 Decisions Empty
PostSubject: Post Session #4 Decisions   Post Session #4 Decisions EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:12 pm

After careful reflection, it seems dangerous to try to sail both ships with skeleton crews. I suggest we strip the captured ship of every useful item (especially cannon and shot), then sink it.
Back to top Go down
kurt

PostSubject: Re: Post Session #4 Decisions   Post Session #4 Decisions EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:25 pm

I agree with that Captain.
Back to top Go down
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Post Session #4 Decisions   Post Session #4 Decisions EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 3:27 pm

I'd suggest we strip the merchantman and load them onto the Isabella. Then I'm wondering when a storm comes up how much warning would we have? Could we sail both with skeleton crews, and abandon the dutch ship if a storm comes up?

Or could we beach her on a small island somewhere at high tide and secure her there?
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post Session #4 Decisions   Post Session #4 Decisions EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 3:47 pm

You could try to sail both and hope that you don't get seperated at night or in fog, or in a storm. And then hope that if you do you will be able to get the ships close enough to transfer men and cargo. If a hostile ship appears and you try to do so you will most likely be caught as it does take considerable time for sailing vessels to come together and men to transer without risking damage.

Conventional wisdom would be to let the survivors who didn't join your crew try to make their way, or to kill them and scuttle the ship. Don't let me bully you though, players being unconventional often makes for a fun game.
Back to top Go down
https://hoffmansbattletech.forumotion.com
TKurtBond

PostSubject: Re: Post Session #4 Decisions   Post Session #4 Decisions EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:35 am

I agree with Pete: strip the boat and sink it.
Back to top Go down
Pete

PostSubject: Decision   Post Session #4 Decisions EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 12:52 pm

It sounds like most people want to take the safer route with just one ship. Eric, we want to replace the breeched cannon with one from the Orange. Can we mount additional cannons one each side? Also it would be fun to have 1 or 2 cannons mounted forward so that we can fire as we close on ships.
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post Session #4 Decisions   Post Session #4 Decisions EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 1:49 pm

You can mount up to the maximum broadside of your ship class, which is a Cromster. The spreadsheet is posted in the Campaign Information thread for you to peruse. That spreadsheet also list if you can have bow or aft mounted cannon and how many and of what poundage. So for this ship you can have up to 6 guns port and 6 starboard of 6 or 12 pounds (all of the cannon you have access to currently are 6 pounders). No fore or aft mounted for this class unfortunately. I think you may be able to pay to modify that, I will check the supplemental rules in Buccaneers and Bokor when I get home. But that will cost money as the shape of the ship will have to be reworked. Very few merchant vessels will have fore and aft mounted weaponry as those areas are used for cargo on such ships.
Back to top Go down
https://hoffmansbattletech.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Session #4 Decisions   Post Session #4 Decisions Empty

Back to top Go down

Post Session #4 Decisions
Page 1 of 1